Saturday, May 21, 2011

Smith comes on in relief

Mike Smith came out of the bullpen Saturday and led Tampa Bay to a 5-3 victory over Boston in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals at Tampa.
The series is tied at 2-2 with Game 5 coming in Boston, not that home-ice advantage has helped in these playoffs.
Although I missed the game, trying to apply for another job can be rough, I liked how Smith was able to come on and save the day for Tampa.
The Lightning have shown so much resiliency this postseason, it is hard to go against them. I believe they will win the next two and close out the series.
In the West finals, San Jose held off Vancouver for a 4-3 victory in Game 3. The Canucks are still my favorites to win the Cup. They will win Game 4 before closing out the series at home.
The Stanley Cup finals should be interesting. I guess it will not be a popular matchup if its Tampa Bay-Vancouver, but that looks like the case.
I think it would be an intriguing series. A young up-and-coming team, with the exception of the goalie, against a talented team that is notorious for choking in the playoffs.
Should be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment