The word out of some media outlets is that Gary Bettman has put forward a plan with the League’s Board of Governors, to return to a 4 division format, with divisional playoff play, for the 2012/2013 season.
This is something I would support, along with White Uniforms at home and a return to "Named" Divisions.
If the plan is implemented, there would be two conferences, each with 1 seven, and 1 eight team division. Each team would play home and away against every other team in the league for the first time in over a decade. The new divisions would be the Pacific, Midwest, East, and South.
Detroit and Columbus are both being promised moves East. That would mean another team besides Winnipeg would have to head West. My guess is Toronto, which will reunite with some of its old Norris Division Rivals in the "Midwest."
Here is my breakdown as to how that would shake out geographically:
- Jagr Comeback Percentage Breakdown
- 2012 GOP Nomination Standings, Week 5
- Pens take blueliner
- NHL 2012 Division Realignment with Winnipeg
- Flyers Explode Roster; Shakeup Hockey World
- Defiance Yielding No Results
- Jagr Comeback Watch, June 22
- Bruins Celebrate Cup Win: $156,679.74 Bar Tab
- NHL Award tonight in Vegas
- Jagr Comeback Watch, June 21st
- Hypocritical Hilarity
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Women of Walmart Class ...
- Jaromir Jagr Comeback?
- The Buc and The Thrash: A Cautionary Tale
- Bruins are Champs
- Bruins force Game 7
- Bruins hold 4-0 lead after two
- Boston comes out swinging
- Raising the Cup
- Do or die for Bruins
- Home-ice advantage key for Canucks in Game 5
- Why the NHL Needs to Keep its Edge
- 2012 GOP Nomination Standings, Week 4
- Bruins tie series in 4-0 victory
- NHL suspends Canucks' Rome
- Bruins rout Canucks, 8-1
- Canucks take 2-0 series lead
- Game 2 is pivitol for Boston
- No punishment for Canucks' Burrows
- Vancouver wins Game 1 on Torres' late goal
- Stanley Cup Finals: Game One
- ▼ June (31)