Friday, April 15, 2011

Game 2 is key for Lightning

For Tampa Bay to make this a series, it must win Game 2 tonight at the CONSOL Energy Center. Usually, the experts don't go for must wins until a team is down 0-2 heading into Game 3, but the Lightning need this game. They played a solid game Wednesday, but Marc-Andre Fleury was too good. The Penguins play very well on the road, and should have a majority of fans at the St. Pete Times Forum, so it is very important for Tampa Bay to steal this one. If they do, I see a seven-game series. If Pittsburgh wins, this one may only go five. For the Penguins to win the series early would be in its favor. I predict at least one of the other series will go six or seven games, and Matt Cooke could get on the ice for practice after his suspension. It is also possible that Sidney Crosby could return. Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay will come away with a 3-2 victory tonight. Steve Stamkos, who was basically nonexistant in Game 1 after Brook Oprik lit him up, will net the game winner. Enjoy the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Thats a big thing to say coming from a pens fan. I say 5 to 4 pens. i think your right about stamkos getting some more room, it would be sweet if he got shut down again. I gotta say I know nothing about the lighting fan base, of course hockey is bigger up north but they did win a cup in recent years and they have the hottest up and coming coach in the league. Steve Yzerman baby! That being said I think it is going to be a high scoring game, both teams are coming charged up!

    We will see Wings and Pens for the cup tie breaker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to be objective with my picks. I love the Penguins, but I was right, with the exception of the score and Stamkos netting the game winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whatever you were lucky in a bad way.

    Go Wings!

    ReplyDelete