Sunday, April 10, 2011

First-round picks for the Eastern Conference

The first-round playoffs in the Eastern Conference will be quite intriguing.
For all you Penguins fans out there, get ready for the ride.
I have already started my playoff beard, but I may shave it soon because I am going on vacation in Las Vegas in May, and I have to look good for the ladies.
I hope it doesn't jink the Pens.
As for the first round, Pittsburgh will host Tampa Bay in the first two games at the Consol Energy Center. The Lightning are dangerous offensively with Steven Stamkos and Co., although they are underrated defensively. They feature the eighth best penalty kill in the NHL.
That said, Pittsburgh has been playing playoff-type hockey since Sidney Crosby went down. The difference: Marc-Andre Fleury. Fleury is the Penguins' MVP, and should be in consideration for the NHL MVP award. He knows how to play in the playoffs, and nothing fazes him.
Sidney Crosby is probably out for this series, although he may return if Pittsburgh beats Tampa Bay.
Matt Cooke would also return for the second round should the Penguins advance.
I think Fleury will will Pittsburgh to a Game 7 victory.
Washington won't let its second No. 1 seed in as many years go to waste. The Capitals will top the Rangers in five games.
Philadelphia, the Atlantic Division champion, will dump Buffalo in six games in the 2-7 matchup.
Boston will defend its No. 3 seed by beating Montreal in five games. The Canadiens had a tremendous run last season, however the Bruins will make short work of the Habs.
There you have it. Sit back, drink a few Labatte's or Molson's, watch some great hockey and be safe. I think the first-round games are very exciting. It gives fans the opportunity to watch all the games.
If you don't have Versus, find a cable, satellite, or Direct TV company that carries it. Also, most bars put on all the games.

1 comment:

  1. Pens in 6
    I agree Caps in 5 (Even though I hate to say it)
    And sorry, I gotta take the long shot Buffalo in 6 games!
    I agree boston in 5

    Wings vs. Pens 2011 tie breaker

    ReplyDelete